Within this role you will have a unique perspective, more than anyone else working within a warehouse for Ocado, as you will be working across three different disciplines; Engineering Operations, Technical Support Services and Business Operations. This role will require you to use technical and operational awareness ensuring effective management of incidents and to communicate with a range of stakeholders. This role will be at the centre of client operations.
The objective of this role is to ensure relevant business systems are fully operational ensuring an efficient service to Ocado’s customers and clients and to avoid or minimise any impact to customers following system outages or incidents. To achieve this you will be managing warehouse incidents and tasks across multiple disciplines
- Monitoring business systems operations
- Working within a team of on site systems support specialists during your shift, to ensure effective coverage of services by the team.
- Resolution, escalation and management of logged incidents.
- Working within the health & safety policies laid out by the company.
- Point of contact for client operational teams and a conduit into Engineering Ops and technology.
- Identifying and raising system faults in appropriate systems.
- Ensuring the timely pickup and response to incidents from assigned teams.
- Managing system faults towards a timely resolution.
- Analyse the performance of key on site assets.
- Technical point of contact for onsite and off site teams
- Managing the ticketing progress for Technical support services.
- Prioritising bot recoveries and arranging recovery windows.
- Investigate failed tasks and inaccessible stock and customer totes.
- Communicating with relevant parties to ensure visibility and a fast resolution.
- Resolving technical issues as part of the OSS team.
- Highlighting and resolving pick support issues.
- Working closely with engineering to resolve engineering issues and complete certain engineering tasks.
- Liaising closely with other technology teams within Ocado to achieve the desired outcome
and be a point of contact for related queries.
Skills and Requirements:
• Able to engage with the stakeholders at all levels to provide technical updates and engage with technical requests
• Strong time management skills
• Strong organisational skills
• Experience in a technical support capacity
Experience in hardware support
• A good understanding of computing configurations, ITIL, infrastructure, and the OSI model
• Able to drive and progress a situation towards a timely resolution
• Able to engage effectively and efficiently with business staff at all levels, ensuring work is
progressed in a timely fashion meeting business requirements
• Ability to follow and create documentation, processes, and procedures
• Strong verbal and written communication skills in English at all levels.
• Strong technical communication ability
• Strong analytical skills
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Spanish Language is Mandatory along with English
• Ability to learn and think quickly as well as being very hands-on when required.
• Familiarity with and adherence to industrial occupational health and safety guidelines, encompassing safety policies, internal regulations, instructions, and awareness of workplace hazards.
Preferred (in addition to minimum)
• Experience in a technical support / incident management role.
• Ability to manage and resolve technical incidents in hardware, software and networking.
• Confidence in delivering informative, well-organised presentations to senior management
• ITIL qualification
• An aptitude for completing and learning simple engineering tasks
Please let us know in your application if you need any special adaptations for the selection process. At Ocado Barcelona we adapt our selection processes to our candidates.
Be bold, be unique, be brilliant, be you. We are looking for individuality and we value diversity above gender, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnicity, religion, age, disability or union participation. We are an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to treating all applicants and employees fairly and equally.