We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced individual to join our Central Engineering team as a Staff Systems Integration Engineer. In this role you will be responsible for delivering complex integrated hardware systems (as well as but not limited to but including software development coordination) needed on a projects from the initiation phase up to handover to the final client
The Central Engineering New System Integration team carries out integration and configuration engineering for our new system to support our build installations around the world.
They manage the technical Integration definition to our New Systems and Products working closely with product managers, Development teams, Implementation Engineers and Product Engineering teams. They provide ongoing product/system integration support to triage any engineering issues as well as providing valuable feedback to Ocado Technology for future developments and resolution of technical challenges.
This is a permanent hybrid position based in Hatfield, although international travel may be required.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Contribute significantly to difficult decision making in your domain. Recommend considered risks when appropriate and drive delivery of value.
- Champion craft skills across your department, sharing great practices and knowledge.
- Advise a variety of roles to support pivotal decision making.
- Increase the effectiveness and impact of others, for example by teaching, coaching or providing opportunities for others to grow.
- Educate the organisation and clients about the system and hardware integration procedure, its implementation and its use.
- Define integration strategies and methods, and then planning them in accordance with established deadlines and time schedules
- Lead risk identification, management systems and culture. Identify risks and issues before they have arisen and take action to minimise impact and ensure they do not happen again
- Develops and applies new engineering theories and techniques in the workplace, keeping up to date with relevant engineering issues and defining their impact to the wider business.
- Identify what data is important to measure about your new System. Extract, gather and present this data effectively to support future design definition, delivery and operation.
- Help your team and other teams resolve complex engineering problems through effective collaboration and guidance.
- Leads the realisation from definition stage to handover of the new 3rd party systems by coordinating and interacting with the relevant internal and or external stakeholders
- Integrating new hardware and complex systems
- Provide on-site support when appropriate at the site location to deliver the 3rd party systems coordinating with the relevant suppliers and internal teams
- Make sure your System integration can be diagnostically analysed, where practical, building in observability, in order to resolve faults, be maintainable and Determine that the outcome of the integration has met the organisation’s needs
- Provide Technology Operations teams with all that is required to enable them to work up any required quality / procurement related issue or solution through the appropriate process.
You may be asked to perform tasks as required by management deemed as a reasonable request. This job description is a summary of the typical functions of the role, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of possible role responsibilities, tasks and duties and is subject to review. The responsibilities, tasks and duties of the job
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 6 years of relevant experience with evidence of delivering on accountabilities and responsibilities relating to 3rd party System Integration engineering
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal) with ability to write documentation and deliver presentations of technical issues remotely & in person..Technical / Engineering qualification to degree level or internationally recognised equivalent qualifications in a relevant field.
- Full Clean Driving Licence
- Working knowledge of a range of project management skills, tools and approaches
- Experienced with delivering through remote teams
- International working experience and availability
- Wide range of knowledge of systems and products as well as contacts in relevant Industries
Our teams are putting the world’s retailers online using the cloud, robotics, AI, and IoT. We provide services to partner clients globally via our innovative advanced robotics technology, known as the Ocado Smart Platform ("OSP"), this drives our highly automated, multi-million pound Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs). In our CFCs - together with the proprietary software applications - we operate a world-class online grocery business that automates the single pick of products, ready for your online delivery.
What we offer you
Our employee benefits are designed for you, we care about people and we’ve ensured we have a wealth of benefits that focus on your well-being. We regularly review our benefits to ensure we are supporting our employees appropriately.
- 30 days ‘working from anywhere in the world’ policy
- Wellbeing support through dedicated apps and an Employee Assistance Programme
- 25 days annual leave, rising to 27 days after 5 years service (plus optional holiday purchase)
- Pension scheme (various options available including employer contribution matching up to 7%)
- Generous Private Medical Insurance (within the first month of joining!)
- Income Protection (can be up to 50% of salary for 3 years) and Life Assurance (3 x annual salary)
- 22 weeks paid maternity leave and 6 weeks paid paternity leave (once relevant service requirements complete)
- Train Ticket loan (interest-free)
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Free shuttle bus to and from Hatfield Train Station to the Hatfield offices
- Free shuttle bus to and from Welwyn Garden City Train Station to the Welwyn Garden City offices
- Opportunity to participate in Sharesave and Buy as You Earn share schemes
- 15% discount on Ocado.com and free delivery for all employees (within the first month of joining!