What We Do
The Machine Learning and Robotics team in Ocado Sofia is part of the Advanced Technology division of Ocado and works on products that push the boundaries of what can be achieved using machine learning and reinforcement learning in the computer vision and robotics domains.
Our robot control system not only behaves in a human-like way but is also one of the fastest and most reliable in the world. We are looking for bright individuals who want to take part in our journey to scale to thousands of robot stations and expand our learning technology for even better dexterity, efficiency, and other exciting applications.
The team provides an environment in which innovation can thrive and we collaborate with various R&D teams across the development centers of Ocado in the UK, Canada, USA, and Bulgaria.
What You'll Be Doing
- Rapid design and development of robust production microservices (predominantly in Python and GoLang) running in the cloud (GCS and AWS) and locally (on robot controllers and servers).
- Create Integrations with various tools, services, and peripherals in the robotics hardware and software ecosystem (cameras, sensors, robots, integration services, teleoperation systems, etc.).
- Develop data-centric services and applications for monitoring, labelling, alerting, and reporting robot control performance.
- Design and execute performance experiments.
- Implement drivers and code that can run with high efficiency and low latency interfacing with robotics firmware.
- Perform quick troubleshooting and root cause analysis (RCA) on production services.
What You Need
- 2+ years of work experience with excellent track record in backend development with Python
- Degree (PhD, MS, BS) in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Applied Math or relevant engineering majors.
- Proficiency in cloud, distributed and highly available systems, testing frameworks, CI/CD, containerization, code quality, security and design patterns.
- Solid understanding of CS fundamentals and demonstrated ability to write high-quality code.
- Experience using Kubernetes, Docker and Cloud computing platforms (GCP, AWS).
- Excellent communication skills and strong at fostering work relationships.
What Will Help You Further
- Knowledge in application areas such as computer vision and robotics.
- Experience with data analysis and visualisation tools such as Jupyter, Pandas, Matplotlib.
- Demonstrated ability to learn fast and make pragmatic choices about the use of technologies and resources to balance timelines, objectives and quality.
Our Social Benefit Package Includes
- Great remuneration package
- 30 days paid leave
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Leave policy
- Free Share Plan program
- Share Purchase Plan program
- Work-life balance and work from home practice