Our teams are putting the world’s retailers online using the cloud, robotics, AI, and IoT. We provide services to partner clients globally via our innovative advanced robotics technology, known as the Ocado Smart Platform ("OSP"), this drives our highly automated, multi-million pound Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs). In our CFCs - together with the proprietary software applications - we operate a world-class online grocery business that automates the single pick of products, ready for your online delivery.
Our Automated Storage & Retrieval Systems (ASRS) teams are at the forefront of our technology engineering enterprise. We specialise in designing, manufacturing, and delivering cutting-edge products to our Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs) worldwide. Our custom electrical and mechanical development projects are advancing the frontiers of innovation and automation.
Within the ASRS department, we have our Grid development teams. These teams are dedicated to creating innovative, reliable products that align with our clients' and customers' diverse needs.
As a Verification Engineer, you will define, plan and implement verification test strategies for our latest bot product developments. You will Identify and resolve blockers affecting testing as well as effectively communicating progress of testing to different stakeholders.
The responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to:
- Performing vibration and integrity assessments based on measurement data and/or calculations/simulations
- Carry out vibration signature analysis surveys of different Ocado products
- Create /execute vibration based life time and accelerated life test plans for Ocado products
- Design and implement vibration mitigation strategies and solutions to address issues seen during testing of prototype / new product development
- Support the operations team with logistics to setup test equipment, maintenance and monitoring
- Use technical expertise to tackle advanced problems requiring analysis and simulation, e.g. complex finite element models, including material selection, interfaces (linear and nonlinear) and boundary conditions.
- Lead/support the identification of root cause(s) and participate in solution generation for issues uncovered during testing.
- Use analytical tools, best practices and relevant standards to substantiate and de-risk design of new/existing products
- Prepare and present technical reports/findings to different stakeholders
- Foster and maintain collaborative relationships with members of the team as well as with other teams in the wider business
- Understanding of vibration theory, mechanical fatigue, and integrity assessments of static equipment
- Understanding of relevant Test standards and the ability to apply them where relevant/beneficial
- Practical experience of working with mechanical test equipment such as shakers and temperature/humidity chambers.
- Proficient in *LS DYNA to undertake Design Optimisation and Dynamic analysis
- Detailed FE analysis experience using *ANSYS:
- Modal Analysis - defining how to improve design performance
- Static mechanical analysis - complex nonlinear systems,
- Metallic, polymer and additive material characterisation
- Random vibration analysis coupled with fatigue assessment
- Strong technical presentation and analytical skills.
- Ability to work on multiple projects and manage time appropriately.
- Writing and implementing product verification test plans based on best practices.
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- Flexibility to travel to Ocado’s other sites within the UK and overseas ‘as’ and ‘when’ required
What we offer you...
Our employee benefits are designed for you, we care about people and we’ve ensured we have a wealth of benefits that focus on your well-being. We regularly review our benefits to ensure we are supporting our employees appropriately. Currently, we offer technically stretching work, a competitive salary plus…
- A Work from Home policy that sees you in the office typically 40% of your time.
- 30 days ‘working from anywhere’ policy
- Equity Plan (10-15% of salary) for eligible roles
- Wellbeing support
- 25 days annual leave, rising to 27 days after 5 years service (plus optional holiday purchase)
- Pension scheme (various options available including employer contribution matching up to 7%)
- Private Medical Insurance
- 22 weeks paid maternity leave and 6 weeks paid paternity leave (once relevant service requirements complete)
- Train Ticket loan (interest-free)
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Free shuttle bus to and from Welwyn Garden City Train Station to the Welwyn Garden City offices
- Opportunity to participate in Sharesave and Buy as You Earn share schemes
- 15% discount on Ocado.com and free delivery for all employees
- Income Protection (can be up to 50% of salary for 3 years) and Life Assurance (3 x annual salary)
We also have regular divisional socials, sports clubs not to mention the Ocado Technology Academy for a packed schedule of courses, conferences and events. If you think you have what it takes to make a difference, please submit your application below