We are seeking a skilled and experienced BigQuery Data Engineer to join our dynamic team. As a BigQuery Data Engineer at Ocado Technology, you will play a crucial role in managing BigQuery data at all stages of the lifecycle, identifying inefficiencies and waste, and optimising the utilisation of BigQuery resources across the organisation. Additionally, you will be responsible for leveraging the most advanced features of BigQuery and ensuring the implementation of cutting-edge solutions and delivery of valuable insights to the rest of the organisation.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Design, develop, and maintain BigQuery data pipelines and workflows, utilising the most advanced features of BigQuery.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand data requirements and ensure data integrity.
- Identify opportunities for performance optimization and implement solutions to enhance efficiency.
- Build tools that drive the organisation towards maturity in FinOps practices.
- Develop and implement effective data retention strategies in compliance with organisational policies and regulations.
- Utilise the latest advancements in BigQuery to deliver cutting-edge solutions and enhance overall data engineering capabilities.
- Troubleshoot and resolve data-related issues in a timely manner.
- Stay current with industry trends and best practices to continually enhance data engineering capabilities.
- Work closely with data scientists and analysts to understand data needs and support data-driven decision-making.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Proven experience as a Data Engineer or similar role.
- Strong proficiency in SQL and experience with Google BigQuery.
- Solid understanding of data modelling, ETL processes, and Big Data concepts.
- Experience with data integration and transformation tools.
- Familiarity with cloud-based data storage and processing (preferably Google Cloud Platform).
- In-depth knowledge and experience with the most advanced features of BigQuery.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- In-depth knowledge and experience with the most advanced features of BigQuery
- Some programming experience (Java or Python)
- Technical Excellence : demonstrates intellectual rigour, possesses relevant abilities & is able to pick up new skills quickly
- Innovation & Problem Solving: able to solve complex problems, participates in continuous improvement, adapts the ideas of others
- Productivity, Drive & Achievement: proactive approach, gets things done, demonstrates accountability & ownership, prioritising own workload
- Business awareness: ability to apply learned skills, awareness beyond immediate area/role
- Adaptability: working under pressure, flexible, positive & focused during times of change
- Communication & Impact: strong verbal and written communication in English and Polish. Robust interaction with internal clients
- Teamwork: works well with others & actively contributes towards team objectives
What we offer you:
Our employee benefits are designed for you, we care about people and we’ve ensured we have a wealth of benefits that focus on your well-being. We regularly review our benefits to ensure we are supporting our employees appropriately. Currently, we offer technically stretching work, a competitive salary and;
- Permanent Contract
- Multi-Sport Card
- Medical Insurance
- Life assurance
- Lunch Vouchers
- 30 days “Work for anywhere in the world” policy
- Training and Development opportunities
If you think you have what it takes to make a difference, please submit your application below.
#LI-HYBRID #LI-OT #LI-JF2