Programme Manager - Office Acquisition and Fitout (Real Estate) FTC - 12 months | Hatfield | Hybrid (2 days office)
Ocado Group’s mission is to transform online grocery through cutting-edge technology and automation. Our pioneering Ocado Smart Platform (OSP), which combines our proprietary end-to-end software systems with our physical fulfilment assets, offers grocery retailers a faster, more flexible, cost-efficient and low-risk way to develop an online grocery business. We currently have partnerships in place with M&S (UK), Groupe Casino (France), Sobeys (Canada), ICA Gruppen (Sweden), Kroger (US), Coles Supermarkets (Australia) and Aeon (Japan) - with plans for future growth. Within Ocado Group sits Technology Operations, whose mission is ‘to orchestrate the implementation and ongoing operation of Ocado’s platforms globally’ In Technology Operations, there is a requirement to regularly optimise processes and procedures, to ensure we are able to adapt to the requirements of the business.
About the role
What you will do
Deliver all Real Estate office and flex space projects, from inception to closure.
Act as a primary conduit for Real Estate office and flex space projects, providing stakeholder/business updates and dealing with the escalation of any issues.
Manage a project manager, ensuring growth, development and support is provided.
Initiating projects by liaising regularly with senior stakeholders to understand requirements, continuously mapping resources to reflect the changing nature of the projects.
Define, manage and mitigate risks, as well as realising opportunities using structured frameworks and methodologies.
Manage directly and on certain projects via the Project Manager project activity, such as the selection of contractors, the review of construction management plans, bill of quantities evaluation and the creation of concept designs.
Work in new and existing territories around the world to achieve project completion, often creating new business relationships where additional expertise is required.
Provide guidance on Real Estate matters to other areas of the business, in terms of market appraisals, lease events and the level of refurbishment which may be needed in existing and new offices.
Report on multiple projects and producing Board/Investment Committee Papers
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- Degree or similar qualification in business management, project/programme management or within a real estate field is preferred.
- Proven programme or complex project management experience in a large organisation.
- Experience of mobilising cross functional teams and colleagues.
- The ability to run independently with a limited set of direction.
- Excellent communication skills, in person and written.
- Experience leading and developing direct reports.
- Strong influencing and negotiating skills with both internal clients and external parties.
- The ability to quickly evaluate situations, mitigate risks and cultivate opportunities.
- Knowledge and experience of using Microsoft and GSuites.
Bonus points if you also have...
- Experience of lease negotiation and asset management is desirable.
- Experience of working on office design and fit out is desirable.
- Experience working with Construction Managers is desirable.
- Knowledge of Ocado Group ways of working and values is advantageous.
What we offer
Our employee benefits are designed for you, we care about people and we’ve ensured we have a wealth of benefits that focus on your well-being. We regularly review our benefits to ensure we are supporting our employees appropriately. Currently, we offer technically stretching work, a competitive salary and;
- A Work from Home policy that sees you in the office typically 40% of your time.
- 30 days ‘working from anywhere’ policy
- Wellbeing support through Apps and an Employee Assistance Programme
- 25 days annual leave, rising to 27 days after 5 years service (plus optional holiday purchase)
- Pension scheme (various options available including employer contribution matching up to 7%)
- Private Medical Insurance
- 22 weeks paid maternity leave and 6 weeks paid paternity leave (once relevant service requirements complete)
- Train Ticket loan (interest-free)
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Free shuttle bus to and from Welwyn Garden City Train Station to the Welwyn Garden City offices
- Opportunity to participate in Share save and Buy as You Earn share schemes
- 15% discount on Ocado.com and free delivery for all employees
- Income Protection (can be up to 50% of salary for 3 years) and Life Assurance (3 x annual salary)
We also have regular divisional socials, sports clubs not to mention the Ocado Technology Academy for a packed schedule of courses, conferences and events. If you think you have what it takes to make a difference, please submit your application below.
Be bold, be unique, be brilliant, be you. We are looking for individuality and we value diversity. We are an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to treating all applicants and employees fairly and equally. We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a positive, barrier-free recruitment process and supportive work environment.
If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application.
We are thrilled to welcome applicants from across the world. Whilst we are able to offer visa sponsorship, please note that we are only able to cover costs relating to the Certificate of Sponsorship and the Immigration Skills Charge only. For all employment offers made for UK roles, it is expected that you will be based in the UK in commutable distance, ready for your first day of work, so please keep this in mind. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
Due to the energising nature of Ocado's business, vacancy close dates, when stated, are indicative and may be subject to change so please apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment. If you have applied and been rejected for this role in the last 6 months, or applied and been rejected for a role with a similar skill set, we will not re-evaluate you for this position. After 6 months, we will treat your application as a new one. All benefits information is subject to change and the terms of the individual arrangements. Please assume you have been unsuccessful if you haven’t heard from us within 4 weeks.