We are currently looking for a Technical Assistant to join our team at Ocado’s state-of-the-art automated Customer Fulfilment Centre which is around 350,000 square feet and boasts world leading technology.. At full capacity we will be fulfilling between 190,000 - 200,000 customer orders a week from Dordon, which requires 24/7 operation and a dedicated team of Engineers and Technicians.
Shift: 8.5 hour shift with an average of 42 hours per week. Monday - Friday 6am - 2.30 pm and 10 am - 6.30pm. There are 264 hrs holiday equating to 25 days Bank holiday working and a Holiday ban in December - 2 weeks up to Xmas day. You would be expected to go on shift for the 2 weeks at Xmas (shift attached). Salary of £23,100
Technical Assistants are entry level personnel with the potential to progress within the Engineering function of the CFC. There are no formal engineering qualifications required for this role and requires the successful candidate to perform a heavy level of cleaning. Working with a Technician they will be deep cleaning thoroughly the area that is due a service. Site checks such as fire doors, lighting, Emergency exits all need periodic inspection Despatch trolley wheels and minor repairs to be carried out
Roles and Responsibilities
● Use computerised systems to complete maintenance logs, therefore basic computer literacy is essential
● Work safely at all times and highlight all H&S Issues to your Line Management.
● Responsible for cleaning of automation equipment and to help maintain hygiene standards. This does include heavy cleaning tasks. These include everything from mopping floors to cleaning the automation.
● The list of duties and responsibilities is not exhaustive and within your role you will be asked to perform tasks that will be deemed as a reasonable manager's request
● This role requires a lot of physical activity e.g. lifting, pushing and pulling heavy objects. This also includes very repetitive tasks and monitoring of the automated systems which can lead to long periods of being on your feet.
What do we need from you?
● Some working knowledge of automated warehouses and their technical components.
● Have an eye for detail; good problem solving ability and a practical approach.
● Good communicator with the ability to analyse and impart knowledge.
● Full training to complete the technical assistant role will be given over 3 weeks but experience of working within an automated warehouse / logistics environment would be desirable. Flexibility of working pattern as and when required by business needs.
● English language skills equivalent to B1 on CERF Scale or above.
What will I get in return?
● 2 week training programme on days (Monday - Thursday 7am - 5.30 pm) providing the essential skills for most aspects of the job that will be required of you.
● Competitive salary and benefits including Free Shares and Life Assurance
● 15% off your Ocado shopping
● Onsite subsidised café and company shop offering discounts of up to 70% on groceries from leading brands and major retailers
● Private Healthcare
● National discounts including Vodafone, Merlin Attractions, Enterprise Car Hire and many more
● Enhanced Pension scheme - matching up to 7% of your contributions
● Employee Assistance Programme