Our teams are putting the world’s retailers online using the cloud, robotics, AI, and IoT. We provide services to partner clients globally via our innovative advanced robotics technology, known as the Ocado Smart Platform ("OSP"), this drives our highly automated, multi-million pound Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs). In our CFCs - together with the proprietary software applications - we operate a world-class online grocery business that automates the single pick of products, ready for your online delivery.
Our Automated Storage & Retrieval Systems (ASRS) teams are at the forefront of our technology engineering enterprise. We specialise in designing, manufacturing, and delivering cutting-edge products to our Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs) worldwide. Our custom electrical and mechanical development projects are advancing the frontiers of innovation and automation.
Within the ASRS department, we have our Grid development teams. These teams are dedicated to creating innovative, reliable products that align with our clients' and customers' diverse needs.
As a Verification Engineer, you will define, plan and implement verification test strategies for our latest bot product developments. You will Identify and resolve blockers affecting testing as well as effectively communicating progress of testing to different stakeholders.
The responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to:
- In conjunction with other teams, define and plan the test strategies for products and subsystems.
- Provide validation of supplier/design reliability claims through developing and implementing appropriate test strategies.
- Identify testing, hardware & resource requirements needed to verify any design changes.
- Ensure full implementation of test plans within the agreed schedule.
- Manage and drive the product testing, liaising with stakeholders to ensure testing meets schedule.
- Make use of accelerated life testing & stress screening techniques to realise potential weaknesses in design of new products as required.
- Proactively identify and manage any constraints / barriers which could affect testing or schedule.
- Collect, analyse and present results from testing to stakeholders..
- Lead/support the identification of root-cause and participate in solution generation for issues uncovered during testing.
- Build/coordinate build of rigs to support design verification and reliability testing.
- Liaise with external test houses to organise testing where required.
- A relevant Engineering degree degree/HND
- Experience in actively managing product test activities and resources.
- Strong hands-on / practical experience of testing mechanical products
- Strong technical presentation and analytical skills.
- Ability to work on multiple projects and manage time appropriately.
- Experience managing and interfacing with internal and external stakeholders
- Experience supporting new product development (NPD).
- Writing and implementing product verification test plans based on best practices.
- Writing and presenting test reports to the multidisciplinary team
- Flexibility to travel to Ocado’s other sites within the UK and overseas ‘as’ and ‘when’ required
- Understanding of Six Sigma problem methodology
- Developing experiments based on statistical techniques to support innovation projects.
- Use of data analytical tools such as SQL, Python
What we offer you...
Our employee benefits are designed for you, we care about people and we’ve ensured we have a wealth of benefits that focus on your well-being. We regularly review our benefits to ensure we are supporting our employees appropriately. Currently, we offer technically stretching work, a competitive salary plus…
- A Work from Home policy that sees you in the office typically 40% of your time.
- 30 days ‘working from anywhere’ policy
- Equity Plan (10-15% of salary) for eligible roles
- Wellbeing support
- 25 days annual leave, rising to 27 days after 5 years service (plus optional holiday purchase)
- Pension scheme (various options available including employer contribution matching up to 7%)
- Private Medical Insurance
- 22 weeks paid maternity leave and 6 weeks paid paternity leave (once relevant service requirements complete)
- Train Ticket loan (interest-free)
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Free shuttle bus to and from Welwyn Garden City Train Station to the Welwyn Garden City offices
- Opportunity to participate in Sharesave and Buy as You Earn share schemes
- 15% discount on Ocado.com and free delivery for all employees
- Income Protection (can be up to 50% of salary for 3 years) and Life Assurance (3 x annual salary)
We also have regular divisional socials, sports clubs not to mention the Ocado Technology Academy for a packed schedule of courses, conferences and events. If you think you have what it takes to make a difference, please submit your application below.