Data Analyst (mid level) | Technology Operations | Hatfield | Hybrid (2 days office)
Ocado Technology is powering the future of online retail across the globe through disruptive innovation and automation. Join us to create world-class systems at the intersection of robotics and IoT, cloud platforms, big data, machine learning, software development, and beyond.
We're constantly reinventing ourselves, learning fast, evolving our craftsmanship and taking risks as we strive to fulfil our mission to change the way the world shops. We enable some of the world’s most forward-thinking retailers to do grocery online profitably, scalably and sustainably.
Over the past two decades, we have developed a wide technology estate that includes robotics, AI and machine learning, simulation, forecasting and edge intelligence which all form part of our game changing ‘Ocado Smart Platform’ product.
We champion a value-led culture to get our teams working at their very best and to help create a collaborative working environment that our people love. Core values of Trust, Autonomy, Craftsmanship, Collaboration and Learn Fast help drive our innovative culture.
About the role
This Data Analyst role will be focusing on the operational reporting and analysis needs, and will report into the Lead Analyst. What will you be doing?
- You’ll be championing a data-driven culture and the formation of compelling analysis, while remaining confident in questioning a proposed strategy or approach to analysis.
- You’ll have a deep understanding of the commercial problems the business is aiming to solve and a systemic appreciation of the impact you and your team’s technical solutions can play in solving them.
- You’ll deliver at pace and take pride in your work, have brilliant attention to detail, and enjoy presenting findings - translating complex concepts into easily digestible stories to inspire action.
- You’ll be commercially minded and always conscious of delivering and driving value through data.
- You will embrace our Core values of Trust, Autonomy, Craftsmanship, Collaboration and Learn Fast.
What we’re looking for:
- Accomplished analyst, ideally with 2 or more years analytical experience.
- Technical skills in the manipulation and analysis of big data using SQL.
- Strong data visualisation experience using BI tools such as Looker, Looker Studio or Tableau.
- Comfortable communicating with technical and non-technical senior management, in front of large audiences.
- A proven track record of identifying and delivering actionable insight and demonstrable business change through the application of analytics with a product mindset.
- Comfortable operating autonomously and collaboratively in ambiguous environments, to solve problems and continually improve the way we work.
What would make you stand out from the crowd:
- Python Experience.
- Experience with experimentation and hypothesis testing .
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- First class or 2.1 degree with a demonstrable highly numerate or social science content (such as maths, economics, statistics, operational research, data science, psychology).
What do I get in return:
- 30 Day ‘work from anywhere’ policy +
- Remote working for the month of August
- 25 days annual leave, rising to 27 days after 5 years service (plus optional holiday purchase)
- Pension scheme (various options available including employer contribution matching up to 7%)
- Private Medical Insurance
- 22 weeks paid maternity leave and 6 weeks paid paternity leave (once relevant service requirements complete)
- Train Ticket loan (interest-free)
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Opportunity to participate in Share save and Buy as You Earn share schemes
- 15% discount on Ocado.com and free delivery for all employees
- Income Protection (can be up to 50% of salary for 3 years) and Life Assurance (3 x annual salary)