Ocado Group is a UK-based company that is one of the world's largest dedicated online grocery retailers, we also operate our own grocery and general merchandise retail businesses under Ocado.com. We provide services to partner clients globally via our innovative advanced robotics technology, known as the Ocado Smart Platform ("OSP"), this drives our highly automated, multi-million dollar Customer Fulfillment Centers (CFCs). In our CFCs - together with the proprietary software applications - we operate a world-class online grocery business that automates the single pick of products, ready for your online delivery via our local partner Coles.
About the Role:
Join the team to support our upcoming Customer Fulfilment Centre go live in Truganina, Australia.
As a Team Leader Technician you will provide front-line support for the day-to-day supervision of Technicians on your shift, including prioritisation and allocation of workload.
This role will require flexibility due to us being a 24/ 7 operation, with a shift pattern that will require working days, nights and weekends.
The day to day for a Team Leader Technician may involve:
- Carrying out planned and reactive maintenance across the site in an accurate, timely and safe manner ensuring maintenance procedures are followed.
- A greater understanding of equipment and superior fault-finding ability than that of a Technician.
- Conducting and completing repairs and maintenance activities to a higher proficiency standard than that of a Technician.
- Performing “first line technical escalation” function for Technicians.
- Working to and following Health and Safety policies, including those set by Ocado, Coles and Australian regulatory standards.
- Seeking guidance from the HS&E team where there is uncertainty.
- Assessing capability, identifying strengths and resolving training and skill requirements.
- Prioritising and allocating work to Technicians on shift.
- Proposing technical recommendations and providing solutions to technicians as required
- Liaising with our support teams to resolve any issues or carry out planned work on the grid or any peripherals.
- Technical ability and understanding of automation hardware and software would be preferred. However, OCADO will provide relevant training as required.
- A formal trade or engineering-related qualification would be advantageous.
- Demonstrable analytical skills and good problem-solving abilities are required.
- Strong safety leadership and ethics.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, imparting knowledge effectively to others.
- Good organisational skills and ability to prioritise workload based on site requirements.
- This role involves working at heights using various access equipment, so technicians need to be comfortable working at heights.
What's In It for You:
- Subsidised Private healthcare.
- Access to salary sacrifice schemes.
- A range of amazing benefits, including Free Shares and Life Assurance.
- Access to Discounts+.
- 12 weeks paid primary parental leave and 6 weeks paid partner parental leave (once relevant service requirements complete).
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme.