Ocado Technology is putting the world’s retailers online using advanced artificial intelligence, robotics, big data, the cloud, and IoT. We develop the innovative software and hardware systems that power Ocado.com, as well as the unique ‘Ocado Smart Platform’ which is being implemented by ambitious retailers across the world from Europe to America, Asia and beyond.
To partner with Engineering within Technology, providing clarity of business requirements across relevant product areas and acting as a bridge between the technical and business worlds. This role will directly partner with one or more Engineering Team Leads, to be a key go-to person within a specific product area, sharing responsibility for product realisation to deliver great products and solutions for our clients and stakeholders.
Lead in Product
- Lead others in your Product team to develop the product vision and strategy aligned to the cluster or departmental goals for your Product area.
- Create goals for your product that are aligned to the business targets.
- Collaborate with others by sharing ideas and understanding the problems to solve for your product.
- Facilitate sessions to develop strategies for your products.
- Be the voice of your product internally and externally, and communicate regularly with stakeholders on roadmap planning, product strategy and outcomes.
- Develop and maintain high trust relationships with your Engineering Partner and Product Team.
- Manage the launch of new capabilities end-to-end for your product and work closely with project and delivery teams to ensure product delivery is well executed for the end customer
- Own the business case and ROI of your product, and ensure stakeholders are informed of product changes and any impact.
Drive Customer & Commercial Value
- Build a holistic view of the measures that contribute to the success of your product and collaborate with stakeholders and analysts to determine and understand appropriate metrics.
- Identify the relative value of product opportunities and balance customer needs with product health.
- Work with Product Leaders to understand the goals set for your product and utilise appropriate prioritisation techniques.
- Make strategic calls for your products and understand the trade offs between time to market, scope and overall risk profile.
- Develop a credible roadmap that surfaces the most valuable opportunities for your product and manages dependencies & sequencing through collaboration with stakeholders & members of your product team.
- Embrace a dynamic prioritisation mindset when updating your roadmap, and surface new insights and opportunities, recommended changes, risks and trade offs to your peers and product leaders for their feedback.
- Measure both the platform and customer impact of changes made to your product.
Master Your Domain; Shape its Future
- Create empathy with users and stakeholders and collaborate with UX, Data and Engineering to better understand user needs, desired outcomes, and pain points.
- Understand your product domain and how it fits into the wider platform, and use this knowledge to lead product discovery and ideation by identifying, facilitating and researching opportunities.
- Lead discovery by bringing the right people together to achieve the desired outcome with the best solutions, with a clear focus of asking "why" before "what" or "how".
- Gather and share insights from user research, product data and market trends by utilising best product practices, other skills across crafts and available resources.
- Use a lean approach to discovery to ensure the time invested in finding solutions is balanced with the associated risks and value we aim to deliver.
- Validate new ideas through experimentation and testing with a fail fast & learn fast approach.
- Experienced in analytics tools and techniques and generate insights from data your products produce.
Elevate Product Mindset
- Create and seize opportunities to develop and apply your product craftsmanship through on-the-job learning and experiences, formal learning opportunities, and sharing best practises with other PMs in your stream.
- Regularly reflect and seek feedback on your product know-how, which you apply in your day to day work.
- Display a product mindset by demonstrating curiosity, problem-solving, communication skills and empathy.
- Enable innovation across your team by identifying opportunities and being the catalyst for change.
Key Knowledge & Experience:
- Relevant industry experience
- Experience managing products
- Knowledge of working with multiple functional areas, including Project Management, Engineering, UX/UI
- Proven ability to plan, manage, track and deliver on commitments
- Proven ability to make decisions based on value
- Ability to work in a team effectively and work autonomously
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Defining product roadmaps, building collaboratively with Design and Engineering peers, and shipping at scale
- Experience Capturing and communicating requirements to support product realisation
- Delivery against the departmental goals for your product area with measurable value
- Performance against the Product Careers Model
- 360 feedback demonstrating being a high performing, strong and capable team member
- Alignment of the roadmap to vision and strategy, and achievement of business objectives
- Effective collaboration with stakeholders in Engineering, Solutions and other key business functions
What we offer you:
Our employee benefits are designed for you, we care about people and we’ve ensured we have a wealth of benefits that focus on your well-being. We regularly review our benefits to ensure we are supporting our employees appropriately. Currently, we offer technically stretching work, a competitive salary and;
- Permanent Contract
- Multi-Sport Card
- Medical Insurance
- Life assurance
- Lunch Vouchers
- Training and Development opportunities
If you think you have what it takes to make a difference, please submit your application below.
#LI-HYBRID #LI-OT #LI-JF2