Learning Experience Designer | Hatfield | Hybrid (2 days office)
Ocado Group’s mission is to transform online grocery through cutting-edge technology and automation. Our pioneering Ocado Smart Platfom (OSP), which combines our proprietary end-to-end software systems with our physical fulfilment assets, offers grocery retailers a faster, more flexible, cost-efficient and low-risk way to develop an online grocery business. We currently have partnerships in place with M&S (UK), Groupe Casino (France), Sobeys (Canada), ICA Gruppen (Sweden), Kroger (US), Coles Supermarkets (Australia) and Aeon (Japan) - with plans for future growth. Within Ocado Group sits Technology Operations, whose mission is ‘to orchestrate the implementation and ongoing operation of Ocado’s platforms globally’ In Technology Operations, there is a requirement to regularly optimise processes and procedures, to ensure we are able to adapt to the requirements of the business.
About the role
What you will do
- Conduct thorough learning needs assessments and evaluations
- Identify gaps in current learning journeys and recommend appropriate solutions
- Collaborates with Subject Matter Experts and graphic designers to create engaging new online learning experiences
- Break down complex theories and concepts into easily digestible pieces
- Apply instructional design theories, practices, and methodologies to create efficient learning experiences.
- Design and develop comprehensive user-centric learning material / products, considering learning objectives, audience needs, and available resources
- Create design outlines and storyboards for learning experiences
- Apply various media and learning technologies to create interactive learning solutions
- Provide support and consultancy to Subject Matter Experts during all stages of module/course development
- Evaluate and revise learning materials to ensure Ocado maintains excellent quality learning experiences
- Keep up-to-date with new developments, trends and technologies in learning science, learning design, learning insights and instructional design through continuous research to ensure our solutions deliver innovation
- Create and manage content library with clear governance processes including version/change control and new content release plans
- Stakeholder and requirements management for front end interface development
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- Educated up to degree level in instructional design, education, or a related field, or at least three years of professional experience in a Learning Design or Instructional Design post
- Strong knowledge of theories and methodologies in learning and instructional design and experience in applying those to digital learning experiences
- Experience in storyboarding, iterating, and prototyping learning experiences
- Experience in writing and editing high-quality communications for a range of audiences
- Demonstrable practical experience of designing effective online/blended learning experiences
- Ability to convey information and ideas to individuals or groups in a manner that demonstrates excellent communication skills
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills
- IT literate - Google Workspace
Bonus points if you also have...
- Experience with design and e-learning tools such as Adobe Creative Cloud and Articulate 360
- Proven ability to administrate Learning Management Systems (LMS) such as Litmos
- Innovative and proactive problem-solving skills with the ability to exercise integrity and sound judgement in complex and ambiguous situations
What we offer
Our employee benefits are designed for you, we care about people and we’ve ensured we have a wealth of benefits that focus on your well-being. We regularly review our benefits to ensure we are supporting our employees appropriately. Currently, we offer technically stretching work, a competitive salary and;
- A Work from Home policy that sees you in the office typically 40% of your time.
- 30 days ‘working from anywhere’ policy
- Wellbeing support through Apps and an Employee Assistance Programme
- 25 days annual leave, rising to 27 days after 5 years service (plus optional holiday purchase)
- Pension scheme (various options available including employer contribution matching up to 7%)
- Private Medical Insurance
- 22 weeks paid maternity leave and 6 weeks paid paternity leave (once relevant service requirements complete)
- Train Ticket loan (interest-free)
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Free shuttle bus to and from Welwyn Garden City Train Station to the Welwyn Garden City offices
- Opportunity to participate in Share save and Buy as You Earn share schemes
- 15% discount on Ocado.com and free delivery for all employees
- Income Protection (can be up to 50% of salary for 3 years) and Life Assurance (3 x annual salary)
We also have regular divisional socials, sports clubs not to mention the Ocado Technology Academy for a packed schedule of courses, conferences and events. If you think you have what it takes to make a difference, please submit your application below.
Be bold, be unique, be brilliant, be you. We are looking for individuality and we value diversity. We are an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to treating all applicants and employees fairly and equally. We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a positive, barrier-free recruitment process and supportive work environment.
If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application.
We are thrilled to welcome applicants from across the world. Whilst we are able to offer visa sponsorship, please note that we are only able to cover costs relating to the Certificate of Sponsorship and the Immigration Skills Charge only. For all employment offers made for UK roles, it is expected that you will be based in the UK in commutable distance, ready for your first day of work, so please keep this in mind. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
Due to the energising nature of Ocado's business, vacancy close dates, when stated, are indicative and may be subject to change so please apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment. If you have applied and been rejected for this role in the last 6 months, or applied and been rejected for a role with a similar skill set, we will not re-evaluate you for this position. After 6 months, we will treat your application as a new one. All benefits information is subject to change and the terms of the individual arrangements. Please assume you have been unsuccessful if you haven’t heard from us within 4 weeks.