Ocado Group is a UK-based company that is one of the world's largest dedicated online grocery retailers, we also operate our own grocery and general merchandise retail businesses under Ocado.com. We provide services to partner clients globally via our innovative advanced robotics technology, known as the Ocado Smart Platform ("OSP"), this drives our highly automated, multi-million dollar Customer Fulfillment Centers (CFCs). In our CFCs - together with the proprietary software applications - we operate a world-class online grocery business that automates the single pick of products, ready for your online delivery via our local partner Coles.
About the Role:
Join the team to support our upcoming Customer Fulfilment Centre go live in Wetherill Park, Australia.
As a Storesperson you will play an important part in supporting the operation in our state of the art, automated Customer Fulfilment Centre. You take pride in delivering an efficient, effective, safe and tidy stores, providing spare parts to the Engineering maintenance teams and ensuring sufficient spare parts to support both scheduled maintenance and repair requirements.
While maintaining stock levels between min/max parameters and ensuring replenishment orders are placed in a timely manner.
The day to day for a Storesperson may involve:
- The ongoing maintenance and management of stock levels in the main and satellite stores using the CMMS (computerised maintenance management system).
- The ongoing monitoring of stock levels, taking corrective actions where appropriate.
- To provide assistance, in the identification of parts, to the Engineering Ops teams.
- Process stores purchase orders, invoicing and associated admin processes.
- Goods receiving, inspection, storage and picking of spare parts.
- Building relationships with suppliers to ensure best value and service levels.
- Identifying alternate suppliers, seeking best value and service for the engineering stores.
- Supporting maintenance admin in the KPI reporting, review stores KPI’s to identify trends. Taking corrective actions as required to adjust levels and make recommendations to management to address adverse trends
- Assist the Engineering Team with analytical, clerical and administrative duties.
- Experience organising a store and managing inventory.
- Understanding of lean principles.
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to meet demanding targets in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to communicate clearly with suppliers and internal stakeholders.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and CMMS (computerised maintenance management system).
What's In It for You:
- Subsidised Private healthcare.
- Access to salary sacrifice schemes.
- A range of amazing benefits, including Free Shares and Life Assurance.
- Access to Discounts+.
- 12 weeks paid primary parental leave and 6 weeks paid partner parental leave (once relevant service requirements complete).
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme.
Ocado is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, disability, veteran’s status, or any other classification as required by applicable law.