Senior Software Developer - Robotic Pick Integrations, Grocery Team
Founded in 2014, Kindred is a robotics and artificial intelligence (AI) company that develops robots to solve real-world problems. Its mission is to enhance the lives of human workers with the power of AI robotics. Kindred’s cutting-edge technology is the foundation of a number of proprietary platforms, including CORE with AutoGrasp™, developed to operate robots autonomously in dynamic environments. Its team of scientists, engineers and business operators have set a new standard for reinforcement learning for robots. The company is co-located in San Francisco and Toronto and is part of the UK-based Ocado Group plc.
We are looking for a Senior Software Developer to join our Grocery Team to help improve our robots. You'll be coding the brains of our robots so they know what to do in difficult situations and improving our software architecture. Some recent projects include:
- Implementing a service to predict how much time and space a robot will need to perform future tasks so multiple robots can coordinate with each other
- Looking at data, generating performance improvements, and validating their effectiveness
- Developing solutions for different hardware configurations, both using new technologies or existing ones
What you’ll do:
- Make design decisions and develop creative solutions with the goal of improving our fleet of robots in production
- Use both virtual and physical robots to test your changes
What you bring:
- 5+ years of professional experience with breadth or depth in various programming languages. We use Golang, Python, and C++ and are confident you’ll be able to learn what you need
- Be comfortable working in a Linux environment
- Desire to learn, improve, and persevere when faced with challenging problems
- Elevate the skill of the team through technical mentorship
- Bachelor in computer science or equivalent professional experience
- Be sure to mention any experience you have in control systems, real-time systems, distributed systems, machine vision, machine learning, robotic manipulation, material handling, industrial automation, physical or discrete event simulation, applied statistics and design of experiments, or data visualization!
Even if you don’t meet everything above, we still want to hear from you!
In this role, you will be part of an on-call rotation which will be outlined during the interview process.