Change Project Manager | Hatfield | Hybrid (2 days office)
Ocado Group’s mission is to transform online grocery through cutting-edge technology and automation. Our pioneering Ocado Smart Platform (OSP), which combines our proprietary end-to-end software systems with our physical fulfilment assets, offers grocery retailers a faster, more flexible, cost-efficient and low-risk way to develop an online grocery business. We currently have partnerships in place with M&S (UK), Groupe Casino (France), Sobeys (Canada), ICA Gruppen (Sweden), Kroger (US), Coles Supermarkets (Australia) and Aeon (Japan) - with plans for future growth. Within Ocado Group sits Technology Operations, whose mission is ‘to orchestrate the implementation and ongoing operation of Ocado’s platforms globally’ In Technology Operations, there is a requirement to regularly optimise processes and procedures, to ensure we are able to adapt to the requirements of the business.
About the role
The Change Project Manager will take a supporting role on the projects they are assigned to, needing to be primarily internal stakeholder-facing, alongside having budget, people management and choice-making responsibilities with guidance qualities to drive each stage of their project with various internal teams. The Change Manager is the ‘voice of the project’ and must be adept at championing the change, dealing with obstacles, risk/issue management, reporting, as well as being instrumental in driving our company culture and values. There currently is a need to improve our project cost management processes so the primary requirement initially would be to guide a number of projects across this area to drive efficiency across the portfolio of projects being delivered by Tech Ops. The type of projects you could be accountable for will then vary - from guiding large scale process and software deployments, to rolling out complex MHE upgrades across our international portfolio of CFCs. As Ocado Group continues to change the way the world shops, our change project delivery team will remain flexible to rise to the evolving obstacles.
What you will do
- Guiding end-to-end business critical change projects, for example:
- Process changes that drive cost savings for the business
- Working alongside multiple other project teams to develop central process improvements and rolling out exciting new developments across the global portfolio
- Creating, managing and monitoring large scale budget, programme and specifications
- Preparing Project charters and Business cases, championing projects through prioritisation
- Board papers to gain sign off for investment
- Liaising with and driving multiple internal stakeholders.
- Direct and indirect people management
- Maintaining and monitoring progress of the project against Ocado’s standard project methodology
- Coordinating risks and issues within the project with regular reporting, and escalation to senior management when required
- Monitoring lessons learnt with a continuous improvement approach
- Driving the pioneering and innovative environment for the team
- Creating and contributing to the company culture and Ocado values
- Budget of Variable size, dependent on project but could include Large Scale CapEx Budget – £50M+
The role is based in our Hatfield head office, but UK/international travel will be required with location and duration of travel dependent on the project/client you are working on.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- Extensive Change Management experience
- Demonstrable experience working on large scale complicated change projects into project delivery teams ideally with some finance or cost management background.
- Project Management experience
- Change management qualification
- A highly analytical and logical approach to work
- Ability to understand and challenge expert opinions
- Effective communication and presentation skills at all levels of the business
- Ability to show initiative, self-motivation and innovation
- Ability to respond quickly to changing priorities
- Ability to project a professional & enthusiastic image at all times, providing leadership and motivation to the team
- Proactivity to maintain good working relationships, both internally & externally
- Ability to plan & prioritise workload, ensuring all given deadlines are met
Bonus points if you also have...
- Line management/leadership experience
- Project management qualification
- Financial management qualification
- Degree-level educated or equivalent
What we offer
Our employee benefits are designed for you, we care about people and we’ve ensured we have a wealth of benefits that focus on your well-being. We regularly review our benefits to ensure we are supporting our employees appropriately. Currently, we offer technically stretching work, a competitive salary and;
- A Work from Home policy that sees you in the office typically 40% of your time.
- 30 days ‘working from anywhere’ policy
- Wellbeing support through Apps and an Employee Assistance Programme
- 25 days annual leave, rising to 27 days after 5 years service (plus optional holiday purchase)
- Pension scheme (various options available including employer contribution matching up to 7%)
- Private Medical Insurance
- 22 weeks paid maternity leave and 6 weeks paid paternity leave (once relevant service requirements complete)
- Train Ticket loan (interest-free)
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Free shuttle bus to and from Welwyn Garden City Train Station to the Welwyn Garden City offices
- Opportunity to participate in Share save and Buy as You Earn share schemes
- 15% discount on Ocado.com and free delivery for all employees
- Income Protection (can be up to 50% of salary for 3 years) and Life Assurance (3 x annual salary)
We also have regular divisional socials, sports clubs not to mention the Ocado Technology Academy for a packed schedule of courses, conferences and events. If you think you have what it takes to make a difference, please submit your application below.
Be bold, be unique, be brilliant, be you. We are looking for individuality and we value diversity. We are an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to treating all applicants and employees fairly and equally. We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a positive, barrier-free recruitment process and supportive work environment.
If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application.
We are thrilled to welcome applicants from across the world. Whilst we are able to offer visa sponsorship, please note that we are only able to cover costs relating to the Certificate of Sponsorship and the Immigration Skills Charge only. For all employment offers made for UK roles, it is expected that you will be based in the UK in commutable distance, ready for your first day of work, so please keep this in mind. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
Due to the energising nature of Ocado's business, vacancy close dates, when stated, are indicative and may be subject to change so please apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment. If you have applied and been rejected for this role in the last 6 months, or applied and been rejected for a role with a similar skill set, we will not re-evaluate you for this position. After 6 months, we will treat your application as a new one. All benefits information is subject to change and the terms of the individual arrangements. Please assume you have been unsuccessful if you haven’t heard from us within 4 weeks.