Business Support Specialist
Who We Are
Ocado is a UK based company admitted to trading on the London Stock Exchange (Ticker OCDO). It comprises one of the world's largest dedicated online grocery retailers, operating its own grocery and general merchandise retail businesses under Ocado.com and other specialist shop banners, together with its Ocado Solutions division.
The Ocado Solutions division is responsible for providing Ocado’s innovative advanced robotics technology, known as the Ocado Smart Platform ("OSP"), to our major retailer clients around the world. OSP comprises access to Ocado's physical infrastructure solutions, running highly efficient warehouse operations for the single pick of products, together with the entire end-to-end proprietary software applications and advanced robotics required to operate a world-class online grocery business.
Our unique, proprietary, and industry-leading technology is set to transform the shopping experience of consumers around the world. We have partnered with the Kroger Family of Companies in the US and the Sobeys Companies in Canada to help redefine the grocery customer experience through the adoption of the centralized, automated model of online retailing provided by the Ocado Smart Platform.
Come join us as we build our North American team, bringing world-class innovation and technologies to one of the most exciting global markets for e-commerce.
What You Will Do
As our Business Support Specialist, you will provide a business support service to the multi-site engineering operations team, to deliver high quality, effective, and efficient day-to-day management of the business operations and some human resources administrative activities. This position will report to the Regional Engineering Operations Manager in one of our Customer Fulfillment Centers but will collaborate regularly with our regional and central NA HR teams. You will also be the liaison with the International Payroll team, as appropriate. The role might require you to provide business support to more than one site and travel regularly between the site locations.
Day-to-day responsibilities could include:
- Working with our NA team of BSSs located throughout the US and Canada to support site, team, and leadership needs
- Maintain accurate accounting records for site/team purchases
- Order office supplies and stationery for the team ensuring deliveries are ordered on time and processed
- Support staff by coordinating team-building events and employee socialization activities
- Other office administration functions and special projects, as needed
- Ad hoc day-to-day administrative duties for site leadership as required
- Meet and greet any Ocado guests and visitors to the site
- Coordinate orientation day and onboarding plans with new hires and internal stakeholders; liaise with the HR team to ensure completion of employment and payroll verifications
- Liaise with the Kroger/Sobeys HR team on any coordination required to orient new hires on-site as well as foster a relationship between teams and joint events
- Liaise with our supporting teams, consisting of Training, Supply Chain, HSE, and Central Engineering on an as-needed basis to ensure team and site needs are met
- Support in-house health and safety tasks, reviews, and audits
- Coordinate basic health and safety policy orientation
- Liaise with the technology team for the provision of desktop technology; partner with security of our site, and facilities management, as needed
- Liaise with the Payroll team and provide any relevant information for ad hoc payroll queries as and when they arise
- Ensure mandated e-learning is completed by employees and refreshed by all on-site
- Liaise with accounts payable on invoicing, as needed
- Support staff by coordinating on-site interviews and proctoring assessments
- Support the Regional HR Business Partner by enabling managers to conduct performance and pay review meetings; advise managers on how to use and leverage Peakon, our employee engagement tool, to continually improve employee engagement and satisfaction; assist managers with their action plans and keep on track; help with site communications about Peakon and its surveys to employees and promote participation and engagement
- Liaise with the HR team on employee questions, escalations, welfare events, and HR administration, such as worker’s compensation, LOAs, ADA accommodations, etc; approve timecards and answer questions about scheduling
- Liaise with the Regional HR Business Partner to manage the internal communications calendar, including updating content on RiseVision
- Understand, respect, and comply with Ocado and regulatory privacy standards
Who You Are
To qualify for the Business Support Specialist role, you should meet the following requirements:
- A bachelor’s degree in business or a related field of study; four additional years of relevant work experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant experience required
- 1-2 years of experience in human resources support preferred
- Ability to travel on a monthly basis as per business requirement
- Experience working in a fast-paced and matrixed management environment preferred
- Experience supporting hourly employees required
- Experience working in the manufacturing, logistics, and/or warehouse industries preferred
- Proven ability to build credibility and relationships with employees at all levels of the organization
- Additional experience working within an office environment including administration, facilities management, finance, and/or health and safety preferred
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Organizational skills, with the ability to multitask and prioritize
- A pro-active, pragmatic and creative approach to problem-solving
- Ability to work autonomously with little direction
- Comfortable collaborating with peers remotely and in other site locations
- Ascending or descending ladders and stairs.
- Moving between worksites to accomplish tasks in tight and confined spaces.
- Remaining in a stationary position, often standing or sitting for a prolonged period.
- Adjusting or moving objects up to 30 pounds in all directions. Work that includes moving objects up to 100 pounds or more.
- Communicating with others to exchange information.
- Low temperatures and noisy environments.
Our Business Support Specialist position is located in our Groveland, FL Customer Fulfillment Center.
Learn about our partnership with Kroger:
- Kroger Bets on Robots With Ocado Deal
- Meet Ocado, Kroger’s Newest Weapon in Its Grocery Delivery War with Amazon and Walmart
- Check out this video about our advanced robotics technology
Ocado is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, disability, veteran’s status, or any other classification as required by applicable law.