Ocado Group is a UK-based company that is one of the world's largest dedicated online grocery retailers, we also operate our own grocery and general merchandise retail businesses under Ocado.com. We provide services to partner clients globally via our innovative advanced robotics technology, known as the Ocado Smart Platform ("OSP"), this drives our highly automated Customer Fulfillment Centers (CFCs). In our CFCs - together with the proprietary software applications - we operate a world-class online grocery business that automates the single pick of products. As a Maintenance Engineer will provide first response to engineering fault conditions, both reactive and planned maintenance activities as well as being involved in continuous improvement projects within our start of the art, automated Customer Fulfillment Center.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Conducting routine and in depth maintenance on all OSP and third party equipment.
- Carrying out maintenance on production equipment in an accurate, timely and safe manner in accordance with standard operating procedures and safe system of works.
- Respond when necessary to and diagnose equipment breakdowns relevant to level of training received, experience and competence. Resolving issues and action repairs were possible.
- Update engineering records, including all work carried out, support the identification of root cause of failures, and confirmation of spares and consumables used.
- Ensure accurate and timely records are input into the CMMS system to support engineering KPI’S.
- Perform daily housekeeping and cleaning duties of equipment.
- Assist your engineering team in analysing engineering failures and in finding solutions to improve MHE performance.
- Ensuring all Health & safety, food hygiene & safety standards/procedures are adhered to.
You may be asked to perform tasks as required by management deemed as a reasonable request.
This job description is a summary of the typical functions of the role, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of possible role responsibilities, tasks and duties and is subject to review.
The responsibilities, tasks and duties of the job holder might differ from those outlined in the job description and other duties, as assigned, might form part of the job.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Must be experienced and hold in-depth knowledge of 500s Bots maintenance (planned and reactive) and 500s LRU repair processes.
- Basic technical understanding relating to all OSP automation hardware and software.
- A formal engineering related qualification would be advantageous
- Demonstrable analytical skills with sound problem solving ability
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, able to impart knowledge effectively to others
- Good organisation skills and able to prioritise
- Working knowledge of PLCs, SCADA, conveyors would be advantageous but not essential
- Highly self-motivated and results driven.
- Drive and determination to make a difference and succeed.
- Flexible and able to provide support when required.
- Willingness to learn and desire to understand new technologies.
- Logical approach to problem solving.
Ocado are an equal opportunities employer and as such make every effort to ensure that all potential employers are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.