Service Improvement Manager
Location: Hatfield, Hertfordshire
Our teams are putting the world’s retailers online using the cloud, robotics, AI, and IoT. We provide services to partner clients globally via our innovative advanced robotics technology, known as the Ocado Smart Platform (""OSP""), this drives our highly automated, multi-million pound Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs). In our CFCs - together with the proprietary software applications - we operate a world-class online grocery business that automates the single pick of products, ready for your online delivery.
About the role
As a Service Improvement Manager within the Service Assurance Operation Centre, you will define and manage an initiative roadmap and portfolio aligned to strategic objectives which supports the development of Service Assurance.
Undertaking analysis of specific business initiatives and providing effective solutions for improvements through a combination of streamlining, automation or operational tooling change, you will be responsible for developing and managing measurements, metrics, and dashboards.
What will I be doing
- You will manage initiatives end to end and lead cross-functional teams across multiple business units in an enterprise-level environment.
- Deliver and conduct targeted initiatives including the identification and management of dependencies and interfaces between business functions.
- Digital advocate with a passion for new concepts, best practices and tools including a data lead approach to analytics and problem solving.
- Acting as an agent for change, you should be comfortable challenging the status quo and influencing without authority, obtaining support and buy-in for improvement initiatives.
- Effectively engage with senior stakeholders to support and deliver on initiatives ensuring governance, communication, training, documentation, and reporting are captured and shared where appropriate.
- Providing effective solutions for improvements through a combination of streamlining, automation or operational tooling change
- Developing and managing measurements, metrics, and dashboards.
What will i need to know
- Proven experience and a strong background in change, operational service desk tooling, service management, optimisation, and transformation initiatives in a fast-paced growth-focused environment.
- Experience in conducting, facilitating, and leading discovery sessions and a proven track record of delivering change, process, and operational tooling transformation.
- Experience with Atlassian toolset is desirable/advantageous
- Adaptable and flexible to meet new challenges with the ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously
- Prioritising tasks to meet shifting priorities, fluctuating workloads, and deadline pressures.
- Ability to adapt and change and learn new tools and skills.
- Self-motivated, able to deliver under deadlines and multi-task under pressure
- Driven to provide exceptional customer service.
- Self-starter with a passion for personal development and continuous improvement
- Team oriented
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong communication, organisation, and presentation skills
What we offer you
Our employee benefits are designed for you, we care about people and we’ve ensured we have a wealth of benefits that focus on your well-being. We regularly review our benefits to ensure we are supporting our employees appropriately.
- 30 days ‘working from anywhere in the world’ policy
- Wellbeing support through dedicated apps and an Employee Assistance Programme
- 25 days annual leave, rising to 27 days after 5 years service (plus optional holiday purchase)
- Pension scheme (various options available including employer contribution matching up to 7%)
- Generous Private Medical Insurance (within the first month of joining!)
- Income Protection (can be up to 50% of salary for 3 years) and Life Assurance (3 x annual salary)
- 22 weeks paid maternity leave and 6 weeks paid paternity leave (once relevant service requirements complete)
- Train Ticket loan (interest-free)
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Free shuttle bus to and from Hatfield Train Station to the Hatfield offices
- Free shuttle bus to and from Welwyn Garden City Train Station to the Welwyn Garden City offices
- Opportunity to participate in Sharesave and Buy as You Earn share schemes
- 15% discount on Ocado.com and free delivery for all employees (within the first month of joining!)