We have an exciting new opportunity for a driven individual to join our Central Engineering department on a permanent contract, based in our Hatfield Head Office. (Hybrid Working)
The Central Engineering Product teams carry out applications and configuration engineering for our new build installations around the world. They manage the technical detail and oversight to implement changes to our products working closely with product managers and the change implementation team.
They provide ongoing product support to triage any engineering issues as well as providing valuable feedback to Ocado Technology for future developments and resolution of technical challenges.
This role forms part of the team that underpins Ocado Technology's technical focus, being a key contributor to your team’s delivery. In this role, you will be a go-to person in your team, with great expertise, problem solving and knowledge sharing. You’ll be working with others to find great solutions and supporting technical decision making in your team.
- Contribute towards technical decisions in your team.
- Support your team to deliver, contributing effectively to team continuous improvement.
- Responsible for your personal delivery towards team goals, managing and prioritising your workload effectively.
- Actively demonstrate the Ocado Technology values in the way you work.
- Supports recruitment through development of technical interviewing skills and other activities (eg. external PR & events)
- Prepare, present and agree product application recommendations, with appropriate analysis of risk, and taking account of cost, quality, safety, reliability, appearance, fitness for purpose, security, intellectual property constraints and opportunities and environmental
- impact. Taking the lead where appropriate or necessary
- Contribute to technical discovery, sharing constructive ideas and critique.
- Participate in design activities and capture learning effectively.
- Design solutions with the Ocado Tech engineering principles in mind.
- Support hazard identification and risk management systems and culture. Identify risks and issues before they have arisen and take action to minimise impact and ensure they do not happen again
- Deliver business value that addresses today’s requirements, contributing to solving the related technical problems.
- Acceptance testing and commissioning of engineering systems
- Project Engineering - demonstrable experience & success
- Client / customer facing, representing engineering aspects
- Field Installation of products and / or systems
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience with evidence of delivering on accountabilities and responsibilities relating to engineering
- Delivery of projects on time and within approved budgets.
- IT literate, proficient with Microsoft Office and/or Google Suite and comfortable using CAD packages.
- Excellent technical and practical competence relating to automation and general engineering
- Experience of projects and products in manufacturing, automotive, airports, FMCG distribution or similar field
- Aptitude to debate detail (both technical and commercial) with both internal and external parties
- Work in a safe manner at all times and appreciate the implications and requirements of relevant product safety and compliance
- Appreciation of applicable directives, codes standards etc (eg machinery directive)
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal) with ability to write documentation and deliver presentations of technical issues in Ocado’s nominated building languages.