Ocado is a UK based company admitted to trading on the London Stock Exchange (Ticker OCDO). It comprises one of the world's largest dedicated online grocery retailers, operating its own grocery and general merchandise retail businesses under Ocado.com and other specialist shop banners, together with its Ocado Solutions division.
The Ocado Solutions division is responsible for providing Ocado’s innovative advanced robotics technology, known as the Ocado Smart Platform ("OSP"), to our major retailer clients around the world. OSP comprises access to Ocado's physical infrastructure solutions, running highly efficient warehouse operations for the single pick of products, together with the entire end-to-end proprietary software applications and advanced robotics required to operate a world-class online grocery business.
Our unique, proprietary and industry-leading technology is set to transform the shopping experience of consumers around the world. We have partnered with the Kroger Family of Companies in the US to help redefine the grocery customer experience through the adoption of the centralized, automated model of online retailing provided by the Ocado Smart Platform.
Come join us as we build our North American team, bringing world-class innovation and technologies to one of the most exciting global markets for e-commerce.
What You Will Do
The Site Operations Technician will provide technical support for the user base and warehouses, primarily on site, but as part of a shift rotation model.
As our Site Operations Technician, your day-to-day responsibilities could include:
- Monitoring operational business systems
- Resolution, escalation and management of logged incidents
- Identifying and reporting issues to the appropriate support teams
- Ensuring the timely response and resolution of incidents and requests
- Being a technical point of contact for onsite and off-site teams
- Prioritizing operational issues to ensure minimal disruption to production
- Communicating with internal and external stakeholders to ensure visibility and fast resolutions
- Working closely with engineering teams to assist with resolving engineering issues and completing certain tasks
- Liaising closely with other technology teams within Ocado to achieve the desired outcome and be a point of contact for related queries
- Working within the health & safety policies laid out by the company
- Working within a team of Site Operations Technicians during your shift, to ensure effective support coverage
This position may work in a rotating 12 hour shift pattern including days, nights and weekends to support the 24/7 operation
Who You Are
To qualify for this position, you should meet the following requirements: Minimum:
- Experience in a technical support capacity including hardware, software and networking support
- Ability to utilize creative and effective communication methods in order to work directly with stakeholders in all levels of the organization
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- A good understanding of computing configurations, ITIL, infrastructure and the OSI model
- Able to drive and progress a situation towards a timely resolution
- Able to engage effectively and efficiently with business staff at all levels, ensuring work is progressed to meet business requirements
- Ability to follow and create documentation, processes and procedures
- Strong verbal, written and technical communication skills in English at all levels.
- Strong analytical skills and problem solving skills
- Ability to learn and think quickly as well as being very hands on when required. ● Experience in a technical support / incident management role
- Ability to manage and resolve technical incidents in hardware, software and networking
Preferred (in addition to minimum)
- Ability to engage and forge relationships with key stakeholders to improve the reach an effectiveness of the site support teams and identify opportunities for improved service
- Confidence in delivering informative, well-organized presentations to senior management (desirable)
- ITIL certification
- An aptitude for completing and learning simple engineering tasks
This position is located at our fulfillment center in Frederick, MD.
What We Offer
- 401k Plan; 100% match up to 5% of earnings
- Paid Vacation and Sick Days
- 10 Paid Public Holidays
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Medical and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health Savings Account; Company Contribution of $500 for individual and $1000 for family coverage
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
Learn about our partnership with Kroger:
- Kroger Bets on Robots With Ocado Deal
- Meet Ocado, Kroger’s Newest Weapon in Its Grocery Delivery War with Amazon and Walmart
- Check out this video about our advanced robotics technology
Ocado is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, disability, veteran’s status, or any other classification as required by applicable law.