Who are the key people/teams I work with?
At Ocado, our mission is to change the way the world shops, for good - and one of the ways we can make this happen is by establishing centralised operational site support functions in our Fulfilment Centres.
We continue to revolutionise and grow our business globally and develop the capabilities we need. We are investing in new systems, processes and ways of working that will improve, support and sustain our operations and the Operational Site Support Centre of Excellence Manager role is crucial so that we can meet and manage the demands of our clients, at a local and global level.
You will work closely with local Fulfilment Centre and global stakeholders to ensure business systems are fully operational; providing an efficient service for our clients, avoiding or minimising any impact to customers. You’ll be part of a diverse, fast paced and stimulating environment where you’ll be challenged, learn lots and have the opportunity to develop and grow; all whilst supporting our Clients maximise value and work efficiently with your help.You will be required to work rotating shifts and form part of a team that will provide operational support cover for : nights, days, weekends and public holidays.
- Client partners
- Centre of Excellence manager
- Operational site support Shift leader
- Wider Operational site support specialist teams
- Engineering teams
- Operational teams
- Ocado Technology teams
- Service Desk teams
- Third party suppliers/providers?
In this job, I am accountable for:
Being the key point of contact for Client operational teams, working closely with Engineering Operations and Technology teams to achieve desired outcomes and be a point of contact for related queries. Working with a team of site support specialists during your shift, making assignments of work and workforce management (including tickets, bot recoveries and arranging recovery windows). Working in and with the support specialist team to ensure effective coverage of services and fulfilment of related targets or service level agreements. Working on 24/7 shifts on rotation, fully on-site.
Ensuring the timely pickup and response to incidents from assigned teams or specialists. Monitoring business systems operationsIdentifying and raising system faults, in appropriate platforms. Managing system faults towards a timely resolution. Resolution, escalation and management of logged incidents. Analysing the performance of key on site assets. Investigating failed tasks and inaccessible stock and customer totes. Communicating with relevant parties to ensure visibility and a fast resolution Highlighting and resolving pick support issues. Providing regular reporting on shift performance and tasks.
What skills, experience and qualifications are key to succeeding in this role?
- Great customer service with great communication skills
- Personable, open and flexible and able to follow best business practice
- Great interpersonal skills - ability to engage with the stakeholders at all levels to provide technical updates as well as with technical requests
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English at all levels
- Strong technical communication ability
- Strong time management skills and organisational skills
- Ability to engage at all levels; ensuring work is progressed in a timely manner, meeting business requirements
- Strong analytical skills and solving skills
- Ability to learn and think quickly as well as being very hands on when required.
- Ability to drive and progress a situation towards a timely resolution
- Ability to follow and create documentation, processes and procedures
- Experience in delivering IT support service
- Experience in hardware and software support - strong troubleshooting and analytical skills.
- Experience in technical support, incident support and site support.
- Good understanding of computing configurations, ITIL, infrastructure and the OSI model
- Ability to manage and resolve technical incidents in hardware, software and networking
The shortlisted candidates will be contacted
All personal information will be treated confidentiality.