Ocado Group is a UK-based company that is one of the world's largest dedicated online grocery retailers, we also operate our own grocery and general merchandise retail businesses under Ocado.com. We provide services to partner clients globally via our innovative advanced robotics technology, known as the Ocado Smart Platform ("OSP"), this drives our highly automated, multi-million dollar Customer Fulfillment Centers (CFCs). In our CFCs - together with the proprietary software applications - we operate a world-class online grocery business that automates the single pick of products, ready for your online delivery via our local partner Kroger.
What You Will Do
The Maintenance Engineer will report directly to the respective shift assigned Engineering Team Manager, with a dotted line to the Senior Maintenance Engineer for daily priorities. As a Maintenance Engineer will provide first response to engineering fault conditions, both reactive and planned maintenance activities as well as being involved in continuous improvement projects within our start of the art, automated Customer Fulfillment Center (CFC).
Daily Maintenance Engineer roles may involve:
- Carrying out electrical and mechanical planned maintenance across the site in an accurate, timely and safe manner.
- Update records of work activities, tasks carried out, parts used through stores and training given.
- Perform assembly and sub-assembly repairs by following written work instructions, blueprints and schematics.
- Respond to and diagnose equipment breakdowns, resolving issues and action repairs
- Perform daily housekeeping and cleaning duties of equipment.
- Analyze data to find solutions to improve MHE performance, providing reports where necessary.
- Complete quality inspections to ensure work is completed to a safe standard.
The Maintenance Engineer may be asked to perform tasks as required by management, deemed as a reasonable request. This job description is a summary of the typical functions of the role, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of possible role responsibilities, tasks and duties and is subject to review. The responsibilities, tasks and duties of the job holder might differ from those outlined in the job description and other duties, as assigned, might form part of the job.
The initial 6 to 9 months will involve training and most likely require some travel in order to obtain the training from another site in North America. In the event the operation is undergoing its initial startup, the daily responsibilities for this role may be different while supporting the needs of a facility in its initial stages of starting its operations. Once the facility is commissioned, the roles defined in this job description will become the daily responsibilities for the Maintenance Engineer.
To qualify for this position, you must meet the following requirements:
- An Associate's or Vocational degree in an electrical or mechanical related discipline or advanced training with a minimum of three years experience.
- A minimum of two years of direct experience in the mechanical or electrical field
- Experience carrying out electrical or mechanical maintenance, to include predictive and preventive planned maintenance.
- Experience diagnosing and documenting equipment breakdowns, resolving issues, and handling repairs.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills; able to impart knowledge effectively to others.
- Good organization skills; able to prioritize.
- This role involves working at height using a variety of access equipment, so you need to be comfortable working at heights.
- Good technical ability relating to automation hardware and software.
- Sound analytical skills with an eye for detail; good problem-solving ability and a practical approach.
- Experience working with computerized maintenance management systems.
- Numerate and PC literate, including G-Suite and MS Office programs.
This role will require flexibility due to us being a 24/7 operation and a shift pattern will be put in place that will require working days, nights and weekends.
What do I get in Return
401k Plan; 100% match up to 5% of earnings; Paid Vacation and Sick Days; 10 Paid Public Holidays; Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance; Medical and Dependent Care; Flexible Spending Accounts Health Reimbursement Account; Company Contribution of 50% of Annual Deductible; Company Paid Life Insurance; Short and Long Term Disability Insurance; Employee Assistance Program
Ocado is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, disability, veteran’s status, or any other classification as required by applicable law.