Ocado Group is a UK-based company that is one of the world's largest dedicated online grocery retailers, we also operate our own grocery and general merchandise retail businesses under Ocado.com. We provide services to partner clients globally via our innovative advanced robotics technology, known as the Ocado Smart Platform ("OSP"), this drives our highly automated, multi-million dollar Customer Fulfillment Centers (CFCs). In our CFCs - together with the proprietary software applications - we operate a world-class online grocery business that automates the single pick of products, ready for your online delivery via our local partner Kroger.
What You Will Do
The Senior Maintenance Engineer will report directly to the respective shift assigned Engineering Team Manager. This position will undertake reactive and planned engineering maintenance activities and improvement works at the Customer Fulfillment Center (CFC) on mechanical handling equipment (MHE) such as conveyor networks, lifts, cranes, belts, etc.
The Senior Maintenance Engineer’s day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Reacting to MHE breakdowns (both mechanical and electrical), locating the fault, analyzing the issue and completing the fix in a timely manner to keep operation downtime to a minimum.
- Keeping accurate records such as work activities, tasks carried out, parts used through stores, etc.
- Align priorities and monitor KPIs that support the Customer’s optimized service for its end customer/clients.
- Working closely with Customer's Inbound, Pick, Dispatch areas, and other support teams on a daily basis to ensure direction of labor, and planned engineering activities to fully support Ocado’s assets and the Customer’s daily operational goals.
- Maintenance priorities and mentoring for the assigned Maintenance Engineers.
- Performing assembly and sub-assembly repairs by following written work instructions, blueprints and schematics.
- Working closely with other departments to find ways to increase machine reliability on existing and new equipment, diagnose equipment breakdowns and action repairs ensuring direction of labor and planned engineering activities fully support the operation.
- Attend meetings as required, analyze data and find solutions to improve equipment performance whilst ensuring safe working practice and full communications are maintained at all times.
- In addition, the position will be involved in projects within the business to develop an effective engineering installation and commissioning.
- Completing quality inspections to ensure work is completed to a safe standard.
The Senior Maintenance Engineer may be asked to perform tasks as required by management, deemed as a reasonable request. This job description is a summary of the typical functions of the role, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of possible role responsibilities, tasks, and duties, and is subject to review. The responsibilities, tasks and duties of the job holder might differ from those outlined in the job description and other duties, as assigned, might form part of the job.
The initial 6 to 9 months will involve training and most likely require some travel in order to obtain the training from another site in North America. In the event the operation is undergoing its initial startup, the daily responsibilities for this role may be different while supporting the needs of a facility in its initial stages of starting its operations. Once the facility is commissioned, the roles defined in this job description will become the daily responsibilities for the Senior Maintenance Engineer.
To qualify for this position, you must meet the following requirements:
- An Associate's or Vocational degree in an electrical or mechanical related discipline or advanced training with a minimum of five years experience.
- A minimum of five years of direct experience in the mechanical or electrical field.
- Strong electrical experience preferable within a FMCG environment.
- Knowledge / experience working with controls, analyzing faults and providing solutions.
- Experience with both reactive and preventative maintenance.
- Strong organization and communication skills, and the ability to work in a multi-disciplined team of varying levels of technical experience.
- This role involves working at height using a variety of access equipment, so you need to be comfortable working at heights.
- Good technical ability relating to automation hardware and software.
- Sound analytical skills with an eye for detail; good problem-solving ability and a practical approach.
- Experience working with computerized maintenance management systems.
- Numerate and PC literate, including G-Suite and MS Office programs.
This role will require flexibility due to us being an operation and a shift pattern will be put in place that will require working days OR nights, and weekends.
What do I get in Return
401k Plan; 100% match up to 5% of earnings; Paid Vacation and Sick Days; 10 Paid Public Holidays; Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance; Medical and Dependent Care; Flexible Spending Accounts Health Reimbursement Account; Company Contribution of 50% of Annual Deductible; Company Paid Life Insurance; Short and Long Term Disability Insurance; Employee Assistance Program
Ocado is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, disability, veteran’s status, or any other classification as required by applicable law.