The focus for this role will be to work across the entire Last Mile portfolio with the focus on making the platform easy to launch and run at scale, looking closely at e.g. the product usability, decisions automations or processes efficiency.
Product Manager will drive decisions of high strategic importance thus the key role requirements cover high product craft expertise (especially in the early stages of product lifecycle) , understanding of technology & problem space and ability to run complex research, business case analysis, design experiments.
Key Knowledge, Experience, and Qualities:
- Preferable relevant industry experience - Last Mile
- Strong analytical skills and proven ability to make decisions based on value
- Ambitious, self-driven individual, capable and willing to perform user and market research
- Strong research and discovery skills, supported with experimentation experience
- Drive for making both products and processes easy to use/follow
- Experience making build/buy/partner/integrate decisions
- Strong cross-craft/cross-role collaboration skills (operations, PS, Data, UX, Eng)
- Communicating effectively to senior stakeholders
- Proven ability to plan, manage, track and deliver on commitments
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Experience managing products: defining roadmaps, building collaboratively with Design and Engineering peers, and shipping at scale
Lead in Product
- Lead others in your Product team to develop the product vision and strategy aligned to the cluster or departmental goals for your Product area.
- Create goals for your product that are aligned to the business targets.
- Work closely with other crafts within your product team, and effectively collaborate by sharing ideas and understanding the problems to solve for your product.
- Facilitate sessions across crafts and stakeholders ensuring all perspectives are considered when developing strategies for your products.
- Be the voice of your product internally and externally, and communicate regularly with stakeholders on roadmap planning, product strategy and outcomes.
- Lead significant product initiatives that span multiple product domains and are comfortable leading large groups.
- Be a strategic decision maker in an uncertain environment.
- Develop and maintain high trust relationships with your Engineering Partner and Product Team.
- Manage the launch of new capabilities end-to-end for your product, including keeping up with challenges along the way, by working closely with project and delivery teams to ensure product delivery is well executed for the end customer.
- Own the business case and ROI of your product, and ensure stakeholders are informed of product changes and any impact.
Drive Customer & Commercial Value
- Build a holistic view of the measures that contribute to the success of your product and collaborate with stakeholders and analysts to determine and understand appropriate metrics.
- Identify the relative value of product opportunities and balance customer needs with product health.
- Work with Product Leaders to understand the goals set for your product and utilise appropriate prioritisation techniques.
- Make strategic calls for your products, and guide others in making strategic decisions as well, by understanding the trade offs between time to market, scope and overall risk profile.
- Develop a credible roadmap that surfaces the most valuable opportunities for your product and manages dependencies & sequencing through collaboration with stakeholders & members of your product team.
- Embrace a dynamic prioritisation mindset when updating your roadmap, and surface new insights and opportunities, recommended changes, risks and trade offs to your peers and product leaders for their feedback.
- Promote the use of data to effectively measure both the platform and customer impact of changes made to your product.
Master Your Domain; Shape its Future
- Create empathy with users and stakeholders and collaborate with UX, Data and Engineering to better understand user needs, desired outcomes, and pain points.
- Continuously develop your deep domain knowledge by having a great understanding of customer needs, user needs, technology, competitors, market and wider business context in relation to your product area. You use this knowledge to lead product discovery and ideation by identifying, facilitating and researching opportunities.
- Lead discovery for your own products and beyond your direct product team by bringing the right people together in order to achieve the desired outcome with the best solutions, with a clear focus of asking "why" before "what" or "how".
- Gather and share insights from user research, product data and market trends by utilising best product practices, other skills across crafts and available resources.
- Use a lean approach to discovery to ensure the time invested in finding solutions is balanced with the associated risks and value we aim to deliver.
- Be an expert in product discovery techniques and continually seek to improve the quality of discovery activities.
- Validate new ideas through experimentation and testing with a fail fast & learn fast approach.
- Strong understanding of the data landscape for your product and are experienced with analytics tools and techniques
Elevate Product Mindset
- Create and seize opportunities to develop and apply your product craftsmanship through on-the-job learning and experiences, formal learning opportunities, and sharing best practises with other PMs in your stream.
- Regularly reflect and seek feedback on your product know-how, which you apply in your day to day work.
- Identify ways to elevate product craftsmanship in Ocado Technology by keeping up to date with leading product industry practises and research and looking for ways to implement these across the craft.
- Enable innovation across the organisation by identifying opportunities and being the catalyst for change.
- Act as a role model for others in the craft, leading by example and demonstrating curiosity, problem-solving, and communication skills as well as delivering successful product outcomes for your customers.
- Delivery against the departmental goals for your product area with measurable value
- Performance against the Product Careers Model
- 360 feedback demonstrating being a high performing, strong and capable team member
- Alignment of the roadmap to vision and strategy, and achievement of business objectives
- Effective collaboration with stakeholders in Engineering, Solutions and other key business functions
What we offer you:
Our employee benefits are designed for you, we care about people and we’ve ensured we have a wealth of benefits that focus on your well-being. We regularly review our benefits to ensure we are supporting our employees appropriately. Currently, we offer technically stretching work, a competitive salary and;
- Permanent Contract
- Multi-Sport Card
- Medical Insurance
- Life assurance
- Lunch Vouchers
- Training and Development opportunities
If you think you have what it takes to make a difference, please submit your application below.
#LI-HYBRID #LI-OT #LI-JF2