Ocado Group is a UK-based company that is one of the world's largest dedicated online grocery retailers, we also operate our own grocery and general merchandise retail businesses under Ocado.com. We provide services to partner clients globally via our innovative advanced robotics technology, known as the Ocado Smart Platform ("OSP"), this drives our highly automated, multi-million dollar Customer Fulfillment Centers (CFCs). In our CFCs - together with the proprietary software applications - we operate a world-class online grocery business that automates the single pick of products, ready for your online delivery via our local partner Coles.
About the Role:
Join the team to support our upcoming Customer Fulfilment Centre go live in Truganina, Australia.
As a Technician you will play an important part in supporting the operation in our state of the art, automated Customer Fulfilment Centre, providing first response to engineering fault conditions, reactive and planned maintenance activities as well as proactive improvement works.
This role will require flexibility due to us being a 24/ 7 operation, with a shift pattern that will require working days, nights and weekends.
The day to day for a Technician may involve:
- Carrying out electrical and mechanical planned maintenance across the site in an accurate, timely and safe manner.
- Update records of work activities, tasks carried out, parts used through stores and training given.
- Perform assembly and sub-assembly repairs by following written work instructions, blueprints and schematics.
- Respond to and diagnose equipment breakdowns, resolving issues and action repairs
- Perform daily housekeeping and cleaning duties of equipment.
- Analyse data to find solutions to improve Material Handling Equipment (MHE) performance, providing reports where necessary.
- Complete quality inspections to ensure work is completed to a safe standard.
- Some technical ability and understanding relating to automation hardware and software would be preferred, but training can be given.
- A formal engineering or trade related qualification would be advantageous.
- Demonstrable analytical skills with sound problem solving ability.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, able to impart knowledge effectively to others.
- Good organisation skills, able to prioritise.
- Knowledge of control systems would also be preferred.
- This role involves working at height using a variety of access equipment, so Technicians need to be comfortable working at heights .
What's In It for You:
- Subsidised Private healthcare.
- Access to salary sacrifice schemes.
- A range of amazing benefits, including Free Shares and Life Assurance.
- Access to Discounts+.
- 12 weeks paid primary parental leave and 6 weeks paid partner parental leave (once relevant service requirements complete).
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme.
Ocado is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, disability, veteran’s status, or any other classification as required by applicable law.