Partner Growth Manager, Canada
We are seeking an experienced Partner Growth Manager, Canada for our fast-growing North America Solutions team at Ocado Group. This group is responsible for our corporate international partnerships, bringing Ocado’s proprietary software and robotics platform to retailers around the world. Since 2017 we have signed agreements to provide our unique e-commerce solution to a number of the world’s largest grocers, including Groupe Casino (France), Sobeys (Canada), ICA (Sweden), Kroger (USA), Coles (Australia), AEON (Japan), Alcampo - Groupe Auchan (Spain). This Solutions Manager will be working primarily with Sobeys, the second-largest food retailer in Canada.
Reporting into the Head of Partner Growth, North America. This is a new role offering exciting opportunities to interact with and impact the growth of some of the biggest grocery players in Canada.
Businesses that partner with Ocado Solutions come in all shapes and sizes, and leverage our technology in different ways. In this role, you will combine your knowledge of ecommerce, grocery retail, and performance marketing with communication skills and analytical abilities to shape and influence how our partners grow.
The Partner Growth Manager, Canada will own lead the growth agenda in our partner’s business, enabling our partners to improve commercial outcomes, grow their customer base, order volume, and overall profitability.
You will build effective relationships with key commercial, marketing, and ecommerce stakeholders in our partners’ businesses. You will leverage knowledge of customer objectives, strategic know-how, knowledge of the OSP platform, as well as the expertise of our central growth subject matter experts to create and implement successful growth strategies.
This role will require occasional travel (2-3x/year), mostly to partner locations across North America, with the occasional trip to the UK.
Criminal background checks will be required at the offer stage.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead the shaping and delivery of a strategy to help your partners grow and improve their commercial outcomes
- Leverage data to provide regular reporting to internal and external stakeholders that highlights key trends and opportunities to improve growth
- Partner with the Head of Partner Growth, North America to develop and deliver actionable recommendations partners can implement within their organizations
- Support consulting services and programs by identifying opportunities to provide consulting services to regional partners, and implement these programs with the support of the central growth team
- You are a subject matter expert, supporting the regional president and his team in all questions related to partner growth and serving as a trusted counterpart to our partner’s management team in questions related to growth.
- Work with the central growth team to ensure you are applying best practice in market
- Become an expert on all the relevant OSP features that can support growth, and ensure your partners are fully utilizing these features to drive their goals.
Who You Are:
- Highly analytical, able to use data to drive insights and recommendations for partners
- Able to create strategy with imperfect information to deliver business goals.
- Highly commercial, able to identify biggest wins for our partners to focus on to improve growth and profitability
- Strong communication and presentation skills, comfortable presenting to external partners and senior audiences, particularly within an international context
- Natural relationship builder, able to build effective and trusted relationships with partners
- Self-starting, able to identify and pursue areas of opportunity in a new environment
- Bring a passion for grocery retail and an understanding of the key marketing and commercial levers to drive growth. Up to date on the industry, digital platforms, and changes as they roll out
- Customer Obsessed - Our perspective starts with our customers. We deliver to our customers by anticipating their future requirements through our people, experts and our client partners
- Own Every Decision - Make decisions like an owner.
- Stay true to those decisions while having the courage to change direction when needed.
- Harness Collective Intelligence - Knowledge is power. We know that we are more likely to succeed when we seek and share knowledge across Ocado's ecosystem.
- Start with Possibility - We are abundantly innovative. Constraints don't hold us back, we rapidly move new ideas from concept to reality.
- Believe in Belonging - We are kind, honest and trusting, so we listen and care for each other. We understand and embrace differences as we believe in a culture of fairness, transparency and belonging.
- Connect in Chaos - We embrace simplicity. We know that solving the unsolvable is only possible by cutting through the chaos to connect with others.
- Learn Fast, Fail Fast - Life is uncertain, change can be hard, mistakes will happen. We pause and reflect, then move on, to ensure we continuously learn.
What You Bring:
- 5+ years experience in one or several of the following fields:
- Performance marketing within a direct-to-consumer business (grocery e-commerce experience a plus)
- Commercial or trading experience in a direct-to-consumer business ( grocery e-commerce experience a plus)
- Retail management consulting
- Familiarity and passion for data-driven marketing, consumer insight, and e-commerce
- Familiarity with or experience with measuring and optimizing key growth metrics including user growth, conversion, LTV
- Comfortable utilizing data to gain a clear understanding of the customer journey, identify and implement improvements, and measure performance
- BA/BSc degree in a business management or technical field or equivalent practical experience desirable
- Bonus skill: fluent in Canadian French
- Financial Success (Fair pay, stock purchase plans, company RRSP matching plan available. Financial counselling services are also available.)
- Employee Health (Medical, dental, and vision coverage, ample PTO and paid holidays, dependent care, plus company-paid life insurance, short and long-term disability insurance, and employee assistance programs.)
- Parental Leave (We celebrate the growth of all our employees’ families through a variety of benefits and maternal and paternal leave of absence programs offered through all stages of life.)
- Training and Development Opportunities (23% promotion rate for 2022)
The Ocado Way
At Ocado, in everything we do, we strive to offer the very best to our customers - the best service, the best quality and the very best customer experience. That begins with each and every one of us and how we behave.
Our values are Ocado’s DNA; they act as a guide for everything we say and do. ‘The Ocado Way’ develops our values into the details about the way we do things - how we act and work together with each other and our customers. It describes how you need to behave at work to make a real and positive impact on our success.
To read more about The Ocado Way and please click here.
About Ocado Group
Ocado Group is a publicly-held, UK technology-led, global, software and robotics platform business, with a strong retail heritage. Ocado has been at the forefront of innovation in the online grocery industry since it was founded in 2000. Its retail business, Ocado.com, is one of the world’s largest online-only supermarkets with over £2.2bn annual revenue and over 795,000 active customers. Customers can shop from a huge range of products on award-winning web and mobile apps, and then enjoy convenient delivery options with world-leading order accuracy and reliability. Unlike traditional supermarkets with their large chain superstores, Ocado’s unique business model relies upon an ecosystem of solutions to serve both a wide range of customer missions and geographies.
About Ocado Solutions
Ocado Solutions is responsible for our corporate international partnerships, offering the proprietary Ocado Smart Platform (OSP) as a service to retailers around the world. OSP comprises access to Ocado’s physical automation, allowing highly efficient preparation of orders, together with the full end-to-end software applications required to operate a world class online grocery business, bringing the best possible operational economics, consumer experience and service to our partners. Since 2017 we have signed agreements to provide our unique e-commerce solution to a number of the world’s largest grocers, including Groupe Casino (France), Sobeys (Canada), ICA (Sweden), Kroger (USA), Coles (Australia), AEON (Japan), Alcampo - Groupe Auchan (Spain) joining our UK partner Morrisons and the Ocado/M&S joint venture. 50+ Customer Fulfilment centres (CFCs) are already committed across our various partners. We continue to invest significantly in our technology and people in order to deliver for current clients and to forge exciting new partnerships.
DISCLAIMER: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
Ocado Solutions is a client-focused business which provides services, technology and automation to enable grocery e-commerce business. Ocado Solutions is part of the Ocado Group, the world’s largest online - only grocery retailer.