About this role:
The Senior Director of Sales, ASRS will have a direct impact on our growth and play a critical role in executing the Sales strategy. The ideal candidate will understand the complexities of the sales cycle in our space and will be able to leverage deep relationships in retail and eCommerce distribution, third-party logistics and supply chain. You are passionate about technology, inspire a high-performance culture and have a proven track record for introducing and selling new technologies.
Reporting to the VP of Sales, you will partner with the Sales team to develop customer and market insights, translating those insights to prospects, bringing in new customers and managing key customer relationships.
This is a remote position and will require 40-60% travel as you visit prospect sites and existing customer sites throughout the US and Canada.
Every day will bring exciting challenges while you:
- Develop and execute a process, in partnership with the Customer Support and marketing teams, to build a sales pipeline of 3x your annual sales quota
- Drive the sales process across E-Commerce, Retail, and 3rd Party Logistics (3PLs) by identifying and connecting with key executives, influencers, and decision-makers
- Understand and be able to explain the value proposition of Ocado Intelligent Automation from a OpEx and CapEx perspective
- Leverage and drive members of the sales, solutions, deployment, and customer success teams to deliver successful results and deepen relationships throughout the customer lifecycle.
What you bring:
- Recent and significant (5+ years) experience closing enterprise deals > $1MM involving hardware, software, and professional services to CEO, CFO, COO, EVP, SVP level executives at the following types of companies: E-commerce, Retail, and 3rd Party Logistics companies.
- Demonstrated performance meeting/exceeding sales quota
- As a modern sales professional, you view your CRM as an essential tool for meeting your goals. You never have to be reminded to have your opportunities up-to-date. You expect this from yourself and your team.
- Ability to ask customers the right questions, listen to what the customer needs, and also partner with MHE integrators to present a high-quality proposal based on customer needs
- Experience qualifying and growing accounts. The company has demand from many significant, well-known companies and we're looking for someone capable of navigating and growing these accounts. It is less about knowing where to find prospects and more about identifying the right ones, getting the initial close, and growing the base.
- Willingness to wear multiple hats - you'll need to be hands-on and willing to roll up your sleeves to do whatever it takes to build revenues
- Warehouse automation and/or robotics experience
- Proven success building and growing a customer base resulting in the scale-up of a start-up
- Proficiency with Hubspot or other major CRM
- Bilingual or multilingual
- Proximity to major airport