We have an exciting new opportunity for a driven individual to join our BIM Design & Coordination team as a Bim Designer. This is a permanent opportunity based in our Hatfield Head Office. (Hybrid Working)
The BIM Design and Coordination team are dedicated to providing comprehensive design services by managing projects from handover of the prerequisites through to the site going live, whilst offering exceptional consulting throughout the design, development, and coordination stages. We use advanced BIM technology to produce precise, data-rich designs, developing automations resulting in efficiencies in the design process whilst optimising our ability to generate useful project information.
As our BIM Designer you’ll be responsible for designing the site layout of the OSP MHE solution; building and maintaining the BIM model throughout the project lifespan while executing the numerous project deliverables. BIM Designer also continually supports their projects in the BIM ecosystem; ensuring information accuracy and strong governance of the design files over the lifespan of the project.
This role forms part of the team that underpins Ocado Technology's technical focus. In this role, you will be part of one of our amazing technology teams, contributing to their delivery, working together to deliver fantastic products and services in a timely way. You’ll be working with others to find great solutions.
- Collaborate with sub-teams and stakeholders to deliver a high quality site layout and successful implementation of the BIM model.
- Foster a constructive environment and facilitate productive meetings.
- Maintain effective communication with both internal and external stakeholders to adapt to developing challenges.
- Negotiate and facilitate to gain stakeholder approval, resolve interferences, and maintain system integrity.
- Familiarise yourself with BIM: Design & Coordination domain and ways of working in order to meet the team’s quality standards.
- Effectively address challenges whilst considering risks and recommendations raised by internal and external stakeholders when designing site layout.
- Awareness of how products and solutions are applied, developed and road mapped from a BIM: Design & Coordination perspective.
- Mindful of the costs and time implications related to certain recommendations in the decision making process that affect both Ocado and our clients.
- Seek to collate and understand sufficient product and solutions knowledge to enable successful execution of project tasks
- Deliver value, occasionally with support from your team, addressing today’s requirements.
- Appreciate team deadlines and the scope of the team’s commitments.
- Able to present your work to a variety of stakeholders of varying profiles.
- Understand the importance of thorough documentation and design acceptance and apply these standards to project work.
- Proactively seeking to understand the full design schedule and the team’s responsibilities
This role may be required to perform tasks as required by management deemed as a reasonable request. This role description is a summary of the typical functions of the role, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of possible role responsibilities, tasks and duties.
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience with evidence of delivering on accountabilities and responsibilities relating to design;
- HNC / HND Qualification or Architectural, Engineering or Construction related degree or internationally recognised equivalent qualifications or equivalent.
- Familiarity with logistics and operational processes;
- Experience of operating to project methodologies, including detailed governance, risk management and associated reporting.
- Experience with client and stakeholder interactions
- Project management experience delivering logistic and operational improvement or project delivery.
- Experience designing within logistics, fulfilment, manufacturing or similar FMCG environments.
- Competency in using Autodesk products such as BIM360/ACC, BIM360 Docs, Revit but other relevant 3D modelling platforms will be considered.