Start Date: September 2024
Duration of Programme: 3 years
Contract Type: Permanent/Full-time
Closing dates for applications: 11th March 2024. Apply now to be considered for an in-person assessment centre in our Head Office on the 18th April 2024
Requirements: A bachelor's degree in any subject from any university.
Location: Hatfield. We also operate in a hybrid way of working, so there will be a mix of remote working and time in the office depending on the placement and business needs.
We’re looking for innovative and passionate graduates who can build towards our mission: changing the way the world shops for good with our incredible technology. If you are highly-motivated, innovative and embrace every opportunity to develop, the Ocado Group graduate programme could be a great fit for you!
Ocado Group is a technology-led, global software and robotics platform business with a strong retail heritage. As a pioneer in the online grocery market, we partner with some of the world’s largest forward-thinking retailers across the globe (including Kroger, Sobeys, Coles, AEON, Lotte, Alcampo, Groupe Casino and ICA, joining our UK partner Morrisons and the Ocado/M&S joint venture) and together we are transforming the global grocery landscape. We continue to invest significantly in our technology and people in order to deliver for our current clients and forge exciting new partnerships. At the heart of our success lies our technological know-how and unparalleled IP.
You can find more about the Ocado Group story here.
Finance Graduate Programme
Ocado is a business that’s renowned for its innovation and disruption. We are consistently growing and changing. This extends to our Finance function; Ocado has been around for over 20 years but the business that we are today began a little over 5 years ago with the creation of our Technology Solutions business. Our Finance team has been part of the journey every step of the way and is continually leading and evolving with the business.
We have the opportunity for a number of high-potential graduates to join our scheme and accelerate their careers to become the Finance leaders of the future. We have a highly competitive salary plan for our graduates.
This is an exciting role where the ideal candidate will experience all that it means to work in finance in a multinational, FTSE100 Technology company. This rotational role will give you exposure to various different aspects of finance from core accounting to partnering with business stakeholders. We will support you to study for a professional accounting qualification as well as provide on-the-job training and development from our team of exceptional finance professionals.
Ocado is about innovation and being prepared to drive change and we’re looking for graduates who are ready to do the same. Our business is fast-paced and constantly evolving so you’ll need the resilience to deal with our ever-changing environment and the flexibility to deal with changing priorities.
The Ocado finance graduate programme is designed to support you in becoming the finance leader of tomorrow. Over the course of the three-year programme, you will have the opportunity to grow your understanding of finance through exposure to the key areas of a fast-paced, dynamic finance department as you complete placements around the team. The series of one-year placements will be across a variety of areas in the Ocado finance team including operations, FP&A, Technology, Solutions and Group Finance. At the end of the scheme we would expect you to be a fully qualified accountant, with the right skills and experience to take on one of our exciting Analyst or Accountant roles.
As a guide, your graduate programme could include:
- 1st year – Your time to build in-depth knowledge of Ocado, the finance team and its systems. Typical finance placements are in Ocado Logistics, Projects and Group Finance accounting teams. You will also work on projects to help further build your knowledge at Ocado, working with senior members of the finance team.
- 2nd year – You will develop your finance skills further by rotating into a different finance team such as Financial Controls, Platform Implementation or Financial Planning & Analysis. Your second-year role will allow you to showcase and apply the skills you have learned from your first year at Ocado. The roles are designed to further support and enhance your accounting, reporting, analysis and business partnering skills.
- 3rd year – A typical role will be within Commercial Finance, supporting Technology, Solutions or Ocado Logistics, working closely with senior stakeholders within finance and with various departments across Ocado. The third-year placements are designed to stretch you that little bit further, whilst applying the knowledge you gained in your previous rotations to the business.
Ocado will support and sponsor your finance qualification, ensuring you gain the skills you need to accelerate your career at Ocado. In addition, there will also be an array of learning & development opportunities available to all graduates. You’ll have sufficient study time for you to succeed in your exams in addition to your holiday allowance. All graduates are given a buddy/mentor to help support and guide them during the Ocado graduate scheme.
We also have the Future Leaders Programme (FLP), designed to equip you with the essential soft skills to craft a career that works for you when you’re ready to roll off into the business. Attending the FLP will help you tap into the culture and values that drive us forward as well as provide opportunities to connect and grow partnerships with your wider cohort across all of our schemes. Through the combination of this programme and your rotations across the business, you will grow the skills that accelerate your career at Ocado Group.
Our application process consists of four stages that allow you to showcase your abilities in different environments.
- Online Application
- Online Tests
- Video Interview
- In person Assessment Centre
Listed below are some of the most popular benefits that our employees enjoy.
- 15% discount and free delivery for all employees at ocado.com
- Hybrid working - where the roles allow it, our teams work together in the office, two to three coordinated days a week
- 25 days annual leave (plus optional to buy more)
- 30 days ‘working from anywhere in the world’ policy
- Free shuttle bus to and from Hatfield Train Station
- Generous pension and share schemes
- Private medical insurance
- Variety of discounts with other retailers including discounted gym passes, cinema and gadget deals
Ocado Group is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employees are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, age, or disability or union membership status. Find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at Ocado here.
Be Bold, Be Unique, Be Brilliant, Be You